• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a camper?!!

tipup

Ok so my wife and I are thinking about getting a camper in the next year or so. What we want is the style with the hard sides with the pull out/ fold down beds on the ends. Oh yeah per my wife it must also have bathroom/shower area!! I dont know what the exact name of these modles are? I beleive somewhere I heard them refered to as Hybreds? Any help would be great!! Also would like a few ideas of dealers who have good reputations for sales and service after the sale, from the South Metro down to Southern MN area. Thanks in advance!!!

WIWF hit it right on. They are commonly called hybrid campers or expandables.

Rockwood Roo, Aerolite Cub, Jayco, STarcraft and a couple more I'm forgetting.

I bought a Rockwood Roo 19 this year. I think they are great and you'll see my comments in that other post. Ours has a bathroom with shower, kitchen, dining table and a couch along with the two fold out queen size beds.

My brother bought a hybrid from Gag's in Mankato 3 yrs ago. His family really likes it. 3 queen size beds flip out. It fits his family well. I bought my 5th wheel at Gag's also and they have treated me well. Both are made by KZ and came with a 2 yr warranty.

My brother bought a hybrid from Gag's in Mankato 3 yrs ago. His family really likes it. 3 queen size beds flip out. It fits his family well. I bought my 5th wheel at Gag's also and they have treated me well. Both are made by KZ and came with a 2 yr warranty.

I looked at Gag's HSOforum. The KZ hybrid has an interesting design. The beds are a slide-out style instead of a tent style. Is this easy to setup?

I see they are somewhat heavy compared to others.

My brother has a Coyote by KZ which is the tent style hybrid. They do make the hardside one also that slides out the back which is more of a travel trailer with a rear slide instead of a slide on the side and it would be heavier than the tent style.