Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lake Trout

C/R LM Bass Lakes w/in an hour of Hinckley

7 posts in this topic

Anyone willing to divulge LM Bass lakes within an hour or so of Hinckley where I will catch and release? I'm looking for a few lakes with lower development and lots of vegetation such as bullrushes, etc. where I can slop Scum Frogs or Reed Runners and maybe pick up a bonus Muskie if present. I really don't want to skip under docks-only natural vegetation. Anyone know anything about Borden Lake just west of Mille Lacs? Looks interesting. Thanks tons!

The only 2 that I can think of that are C/R within an hour of Hinckley are Chisago and Demontriville(which will be pushing your hour limit) however, neither of those 2 lakes will have your bullrushes or slop.

I have never fished Borden.

Sorry I was not more help.

Thanks. I guess when I said catch and release, it just means that I will not keep any. Just fishing for fun. Any lakes that would be good LM Bass lakes where I can fish the reeds, etc. within an hour or so of Hinckley. Mille Lacs area without going all the way to Brainerd? Is Cedar Lake, west of Aitkin, a good lake for LM Bass? I hear it is a Muskie lake as well.

Borden is a pretty good lake, there is plenty of slop and reeds to fish, and some pretty big bass. I haven't personally caught any over 4 1/2, but I'm sure there are some 5s. If you want a bonus muskie opportunity, Cedar is a great one for that. There are some very big bass in Cedar, but they aren't always the easiest to find. There is plenty of slop to fish, some reeds, but the best consistant big fish bite is usually on the weedline (big shocker). Lots of muskies cruisin around there as well, the islands and humps are typically pretty good this time of year.

Lower Mission in the crosslake area... South and SE end have plenty of reeds and pads.