• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Berkley rod holder extensions???

bmc

Question

I've got a couple Berkely rod holders mounted on the fast track system on my Lund. The problem is they aren't tall enough so I can have the rods pointed towards the water when I'm trolling cranks.

Are their extensions I can add on to these?

Thanks,

Brian

5 answers to this question

I dont think so, at least that I have seen. Go get some Scotties and get their extensions. I have 4 of them and love the extra height they give me. Cabelas is the same holder so just get theirs. They are cheaper and always have slaes on them.

Thanks Steve!

Thanks for the reply back on the spinner rig ?'s too! I'd love to get down to the big pond with you one of these days to chase some fish, but summers are impossible for me. How's the multi species angling on the pond in Sept.?

Brian

If you've got the bases installed, most rod holders are interchangeable.

My personal preference are RAMS which have a decent extension. I've fished with a lot of rod holder brands and styles and I still think RAMS are the most versatile, and easiest to pull a rod out of.

Berkley, Ram and Scotties are NOT interchangable. I know I have tried it. I wish I could have ran my scotties in all my Ram bases but that wasnt the case. I was at Marine General the other day and we tried the Berkley Rod Holders in the Scottie bases and it was a no go.

Brian E-mail me and I can give ya some advice and maybe get ya what ya need a bit cheaper than you can up by you. Stick with Scotties or Rams. The Rams are higher out of the pack but Scottie makes a nice extension thats like 12" or so. I can send picks if ya need.

I have 4 of the scottys type (cableas labeled) with extensions in my boat. They would not fit in the old Berkely "Fish on" bases, so I had to buy all new bases, extensions, and holders.