• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1994 Yamaha Pro 60 Oil injection Warning Buzzer

huntmup

The oil reservoir is full and the warning buzzer will sound after the motor has been running for a short period of time. I will shut the motor down, wait for a while, re-start the motor and the buzzer will stop. This may or may not repeat itself.

What do I do to solve this problem?

Thanks for the help.

Dan

Good question!!

would the overheat and low oil buzzer sound the same?

The motor is shooting a good stream of water so that would tell me it should not be over heating.

But then I am not a mechanic. smile

Dan

I am not a mechanic so take it for what its worth. Have you attempted to leave the motor running to see if the warning buzzer goes off? How did you come to the conclusion that it was your oil inj warning buzzer? If indeed it is than it is most likely the oil sensor in the VRO assuming this is what you are equipped with. I have a bad oil sensor on mine that I will disconnect when I get time, I stopped using the oil injection and now mix my gas/oil. I researched the heck out of this before attempting any home remedy, I got thee suggestions from dealer mechanics and SEVERAL others with same issues. One other thing to look for is that your motor is indeed using oil out of that reservoir as the oil injector itself is notorious for failing. Mine is also a Johnson 70 Hp but all the same evil as much as I have read.

Hey barebackjack, On your 70 Jonny, does your tach work correctly? I had issues where my tach stopped working, the VRO alarm kept going off and the battery would discharge (The tach and VRO pump get their signal from the same lead). Turned out to be a bad armature. Replaced the armature and the problem's gone. Phred52

Tach is working fine. Once I disconnect the oil sensor and that alarm light doesnt go off I might be giving you a holler, thats a new one to me, one of MANY! Seems to me these VRO's should be wired to run solely, not combined with other instruments. I like the idea of knowing that my oil is mixed VS wondering.

Good question!!

would the overheat and low oil buzzer sound the same?

The motor is shooting a good stream of water so that would tell me it should not be over heating.

But then I am not a mechanic. smile

Dan

What kind of buzzer is it? Continuous, or intermittent?

Also, what kind of operations are you doing before it starts to buzz?

marine_man