• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trail's End Resort Clearwater Pipestone

Heading up here for the first time next weekend for a quick 2 dads-- no family-- three day get away. We just like to catch fish. I like to catch smallies, but we aren't picky. Just want some action. Does anyone have any tips-- general depths, presentations. I understand that you can portage to a few connected lakes. We are willing to make the necessary hikes. Thanks for any info. Sam

thats is a very nice resort. i havent been up there in 8-10 years. we did well on northerns and then lakers as well. let me know how you do up there i would love to make a trip up there again next year. good luck!

iceman

The bass are on the beds right now on Clearwater. They should still be there next week too. If they aren't, then take the mechanical portage to Pipestone. It is a larger colder lake and they should still be on the beds up there. Walleyes are in 10-15 fow and minnows and leeches on lindy's and spinners have working good. Enjoy your trip and stop by if you get a chance when you are up. We are on Off Lake just before Clearwater.

We were on Clearwater last weekend. the resort owners told us everything was a little behind schedule due to the late spring. they said most of the walleyes were still on the north end of the lake.

We had our best luck, for walleye, just south of Voyageurs resort. Along a rock wall in 25'-28' FOW using 3/8oz firetigs tipped with a leech or half a crawler. We also caught a bunch of perch there too. Other people were having good luck slowly, slowly trolling lindy rigs with a single hook, no blade.

We didn't have any luck during sunny times (7am-7pm)

We saw a couple small mouth on rock reefs

Hope this helps.