• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Grouse Numbers up 43%

I hate it when I come to a trail I want to hunt only to find it has been just hunted by a guy with a dog. I know that any bird close to that trail has been pushed. On the other hand if it has been hunted without a dog or a wheeler I figure I still have a chance.

As far as uncased guns, I don't think it will make any difference. I still will case mine but it is a nice option to leave it out in rainy or damp weather. People that shoot birds from or near a veh. will do so whether the gun is cased or not

Dusty, very, very untrue!!! I have a dog who is a wonderful grouse dog. There are trails that I might bump one bird on the way in but will bump 2,3 or more on the way back to the truck. Grouse hunting is as much about timing as anything else.

It's the jerk-baits that come DOWN the trail that you are already on that get me a bit stirred up.

GOOD LUCK and have a GREAT Fall!!!!!

43% up.......down ...it doesn't matter to me I'll be in the woods no matter what....But it does pump me up a little to hear the reports..I was putting up about 20 -30 birds per hunt last fall...usually 4 hr stints...If I can improve on that ...I'm pumped! Have a great season all...only a short 5 weeks away....yeeeehaw!

Sounds good to me, the fall colors, getting to spend time outdoors with the dog. That's where it really is at.

I have walked down trails and been met or passed by ATV users, and shot grouse within minutes of encountering the ATV. Its the ones that pass me and obviously drove past my car at the trailhead that I want to have a visit with. Generally, they know what they did was wrong, and will not even make eye contact as they pass. Getting worked up over it, not my style, but if I passed them on the road and they needed a lift, I might think about it for awhile.

Boy, with these cool summer nights, anyone else got that itch to hit the woods and go after some ruffs. I can't wait for that 1st thundering flush. Think I might hold off on the duck hunting and focus a little more on grouse this year. I just hope there isn't too much pressure.