Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jigging Joe

Estes Park, Co. Camping

5 posts in this topic

Were going to Colorado soon and plan to camp in Estes Park. Has anybody camped there??? What campground???

What was your favorite places there and most fun things you did???

Nope, but we used to tent camp in Rocky Mtn National Park when I was a kid. Beautiful park, you won't be dissapointed. I seem to remember a walking trial with 3 or 4 lakes (bear, emerald, can't remember the other 2). Have fun!

I love Estes park. We went motorcycling out there. The ride from loveland to estes was very fun. We camped in Rocky Mountain National park, but it was 21 years ago, and i don't remember much about the campground.

I camped in Estes Park in 1963 on a family trip to CA.(Yes I'm THAT old, I was 13) It was July 1st, mom wasn't to happy becasue it froze during the night and she had to bust up the ice on the water bucket with a hammer in the morning. I remember that much about camping there, but nothing else.

Hiya,

There is a KOA in Estes park...I would guess that would be a very nice place. I was last through there about 11 years ago, and from what I remember, there was a motel/campground that was off of wonder view lane. It was a climb to get up to the campsites with the truck, but it was an enjoyable place to stay...great views of the whole area. I could not find any HSOforum or listing for it, though, so it might not be there anymore.

If you do a quick search on Estes park camping, you will get a few different places to check out.

On your trip out, definitely take the trip up to Estes through Big Thompson canyon. THAT is a spectacular drive along with Trail Ridge road when you head further west.

Steve