Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quinn

small eyelets on lures

5 posts in this topic

I purchased a handful of different muskie baits this spring and on some of them the eyelets are to small to allow the leader clip through. (9"suick, helidawg, and shallow setting on the 10" believer) to name a few. Is there a trick to putting these baits on your leader?, I see in the stores anyway most muskie leaders wire or fluorocarbon (90-150lb) have the same size clips.

I put splitrings on all my dawgs and most other baits with small eyelets. You would think bait makers could put bigger eyes on their baits, I'm sure they know how big the clips are on quality leaders. Some leaders can be threaded through the small eyelets with a bit of patience. I had a 8" Believer on a 150# Stealth leader on Sunday on the shallow side with little problems.

I agree, you would think they could make it bigger without worrying about sacrificing any action or whatever reason they might have for making them so small, but we just add a quality split ring.

the smaller stay-locs work for me on all that stuff, i can even get the hawg wobbler snapped without much problem - alot of jerkbaits work better with the smaller snap too.