• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

heater location

broken_line

is a 11000 btu direct vent heater enough for a 6X10 house? where should the heater be mounted like in the front back or middle? i was thinking about making a table to hold it so i could get more heat off the exhaust pipe..

I would say yes, it's enough heater. I have a 7 1/2 x 12 hard house and my 10,000 BTU heater cooks me out even on the coldest days.

Concerning location, I'd say put it in the most convienient spot possible. If you don't have a fan in the house I'd recommend putting your heater as close to the floor as possible and this will help keep the lower part of the house warmer. Actually, install a fan and it helps a TON.

I put my heater by the door. This way, as the door gets opened and closed it helps bust away the chill. It was also the most convienient spot.

Broken line,

That sould be large enough. I would put it as low to the floor as possible.

Brokenline...

Boiler guy.....You must have a blue flame. That will cook you out! Did you cut a hole for the vent pipes? If not, it is not a direct vent.

Personally, I would go with a direct vent 15,000 Empire. It does not need a battery to operate and will not cook you out as it has a wall mounted thermostat.

You can set the temp @ 65, and it will kick on/off at that temp all day.

It is also a drier heat then any of the blue flame ventless

Floor mount and vent if you can.

Center installations allows for more heat flow, and if not equipped with a fan think adding a low voltage ceiling fan to push heat downwards and circulate cold air away from the corners to the center to be re-heated.

The minimal cost of a battery operated Carbon monoxide detector is well worth the peace of mind too if you plan on sleeping over. Even if not, they are low cost insurance you will fish another day.

install the heater near the floor an centraly located, if you put it on one end of the house you will have the opposite end of the house that take longer to heat up. boar