• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Split rock camping

chuckwagon

What do you guys and gals think is the best campsite is in split rock state park? give me some #'s ... I am open to the cart in or the hike in sites. Looking for a primitive site with a good view and close to the lake! Thank you in advance!

I've stayed at #19 ( I think) twice and its great. Its on the lake side, the back of your site has a route down to the water, but you're 20-30ft above the water in camp. Secluded and quiet, except for the lake. Its the second to last site.

Yep, 19 is my favorite too. Been there 6 or 7 times and always stay there if it's vacant. Has a great overlook to the Light House also.

My favorite non lake side spot when all lakeside sites are full is # 15. Has some really cool rocks you can climb all over and is very secluded. 14 is okay too for non-lakeside.

I would not recommend the one that's very close to the bathrooms. Can't seem to figure out which one it is from the map (I'm guessing this is #11 or #4). It's very close to the trail with no privacy.