Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Catmendo

Check me out, I'm a little different!

6 posts in this topic

Although the photo quality is not up to speed (uncooperative subject),

this bird really stopped me in my tracks!

If it looks liek a Red wing blackbird, if it sounds like a Red-winged blackbird, if it hangs out with other Red-winged blackbird....then it must be a Red-winged blackbird right!

IMG_6436.jpg

IMG_6439.jpg

Wow!! That is quite interesting never seen one like that before. Looks like it was hanging with the nasty brown headed cow birds too.

I'll agree with Birdsong. Leucistic, but what? Does it have an identity crisis or was it raised with one of those Cowbirds and thinks it is one.

By the way Stu, I seen an Osprey fly over yesterday. They can't be far away.

Mike

If your looking for the Osprey there were 2 hanging around Red Rock lake in Eden Prairie a week ago. Not sure but it may be the pair that was at Riley lake all of last summer.

There is a nest of Osprey on top of a light pole at 62 and 169 in Eden Prairie. Look up, and you can't miss that monsterous nest that is on top of the light pole on the sound side of 62 and east side of 169.

I noticed it a few months ago, and thought it was an eagle next until I saw an Osprey on top of it.

Wonder if these are the same birds.