• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weekend report

Deitz Dittrich

With the MN opener, I went to WI again.. Water temps were 57-59. Most fish are still on the weed edges going into spawning areas. 4-9 feet of water. Caught the most numbers with a Rat-L-Trap, but got the bigger fish on a swim jig or swim bait. Got a few on a slow roll spinnerbait as well. It was cold out there much of the day. I did not dress warm enough, note to self, you have a big boat, pack some warmer clothes...

Nice report Deitz! I went down to fish the backwaters of pool 4 this weekend. Lots of fishermen and fishes! We pulled fish from pre-spawn and spawning locations. My depthfinder said 68 degrees in the backwaters I was in. We found them by docks, under stumps, deep drops... they were everywhere! Largest was a 3.5lb but lots of fish in the 2lb range. For every 1 bass... we probably picked up 3 northerns. I've never caught so many northerns from a river system before. We even managed to pick up a big snakehead and sheephead on a bass spinnerbait! Bait of the day was a white shad colored swimbait and a yo-zuri vibe lipless crank. All in all... a great time on pool 4. Those backwaters are sure tricky! We had the boat in about a foot of water in some of river! Can't wait till opener!

Hiya -

Sounds like fun Deitz... I ended up catching quite a few bass while walleye fishing this weekend, pitching jigs up into 8-12 FOW. Sort of unusual, as I don't catch many walleye fishing most years. Almost all bigger females too, which makes me think they're just starting to move in shallow in my neck of the woods. Water temp was 49 degrees... Finally moved back off the top of the break to get away from the bass and finally find the walleyes... Might be a good opener if things keep warming up slowly...

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

And, you're kind enough not to mention that the lake I suggested stunk. You are a gentleman, DD.

And, I went bass fishing on Friday in Wisconsin as well. The lake I fished had some fish up (like 12 inches of water up) and still quite a few fish in 10 to 12 feet of water. Lots of non-biters which makes me think something is getting close to happening. Water temp was just short of 60 when I left.