• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lake trout

Leave the skin on the filet. Place on heavy duty tin foil, skin side down, sprinkle with S/P, brush with Olive Oil and place over HOT coals (375-425 degrees), close or cover the grill. figure 6-8 mins per 1" thickness of filet.

Don't over-cook!

You can portion the fish with a spatula and the skin will be stuck to the foil.

I simply squeeze fresh Lemon juice and finely chopped fresh herbs on mine and serve. You can put whatever floats your boat on yours!

Fish boil style. Put some salt and a package of crab boil in some water. Maybe a couple of cut up lemons. Boil for awhile. Add potatoes carrots onions etc. When veg are done, throw in a bunch of hunks of lake trout. If the pot is big enough and you have enough water you don't need to cover. When we are canoeing we cover it because the water barely covers all the stuff.

Cook for a few minutes more until trout is done.

MMMMmmmm This has become our favorite way to cook it.

Fish boil style. Put some salt and a package of crab boil in some water. Maybe a couple of cut up lemons. Boil for awhile. Add potatoes carrots onions etc. When veg are done, throw in a bunch of hunks of lake trout. If the pot is big enough and you have enough water you don't need to cover. When we are canoeing we cover it because the water barely covers all the stuff.

Cook for a few minutes more until trout is done.

MMMMmmmm This has become our favorite way to cook it.

yup. love the fish boils. i do the same with burbot if i catch them.

grilling i like also. i tried cedar plank laker once but it does work as well as with salmon

Start your grill if charcoal ring the outside perimeter with coals. Fillet your trout and place on tin foil. Now a 1/4" layer of mayo topped with rings of raw onion, shake on some lemon pepper then grill till onions are nice and brown. Oh so good but oh so rich.