• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

g loomis warranty

Burnham

well i was getting my ultralight g2 out of the back of the truck yesterday to do some crappie fishing and it clipped a hook thing in the back of the truck. i have no clue how it busted because i BARELY nicked it but sure enough it busted the rod bout 2 inches underneath the top eye. i am a high schooler thats making 7 bucks an hour so im on a tight budget and so i obviously didnt have a backup rod with. i caught a near 30 inch northern last week (i was honestly crappie fishing), and because of the length of the battle it might have weakened the rod, but it shouldnt become THAT much weaker, right? anyways i know that loomis has a great warranty, but how exactly does it work? i called them yesterday but they are only open on weekdays, should i just give them a ring tomorrow and explain it and they should send me a new rod for the $20 dollar fee or whatever it is right?

Ive had the rod for a month and LOVE it to death, but i cannot afford to pay for another so i am nervous that they will not back up the warranty!!!

yea i bought it at sportsmans tho (just before they started clearancing), would capras be willing to swap it even if i didnt buy it there. ya think they could make a little bit of money by shipping it for people

When mine broke last fall I called them and was told if it was a flaw $20 and they would replace it or I could spend $40 for an accidental break and they would send a new one. Mine was a flaw and my rod was out of stock but they built me one and I had it back in about 15 working days. Excelent service.

maybe its me but i think its kinda crappy that you have to pay for a warranty on a rod. Thats one reason I LOVE shimano rods cause they will replace it free of charge for any reason and can replace them at any store that carrys them.

Hope you get it replaced pretty cheap. Same as you, i dont have much money for a new rod when i break them cause of college.

yea it will suck whether its 20 or 40, especially since ive had it for only a bit over a month. it was $130 new. it probably just costs money because they would lose so much due to the cost of their rods in the first place. not to say that shimano rods cant get spendy, but i think you get my drift. ughhh i hate looking at it lol its sitting right behind me and it bugs me seeing the busted part!!!

Unfortunately I have had to send mine back twice. Just call them up and they will send you a new one for the $40 and then you just send yours back in the tube they sent to you. At least that is how it was a few years ago when I did it.

I brought in a GL to Gander or sportsmans "I think" one time with the eye on the tip missing and the guy was all ready to give me a new rod at no charge whatsoever. I just had him but the new eye on as it was still a perfectly good rod but I could of had a new one if I had wanted it. This was 2-3 years ago so maybe something changed on there return/repair policy since then.