• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bowfishing

Just wondering what weight you guys pull for bowfishing? The bow i was using was a friends and it seemed lite but it worked fairly well. I went out for my first time today with a couple buddies and it was a blast. Nice way to break up finals week up at college. Maybe someday in the near future i'd by another bow just for bowfishing, but after i bought a reezen for deer hunting this year its kinda hard to justify it. Anyways my buddy says he likes 50 but i was thinking you wouldn't need that much. Just wondering what you find to be most effective weight wise.

I shoot 55, because that is what my recurve draws. I have shot 50, 45, and 40. All will do the job, but I prefer the 55. I get better speed and longer and deeper shots than I would shooting the 40lb draws.

I say shoot what you can shoot 50-150 times with and still do so with some sort of accuracy.

Thanks guys im use to shooting a 70lb bow so the poundage isnt an issue i was just wondering what an ideal weight is. The only reason im thinking about going 35 or 40 is so the girlfriend could shoot also. That way i wouldnt have to buy two bows since she is always wanting to get in on the action.

do you really want to risk having a new bow over the water after you spent all that money on it. for 30-40 bucks you can get a compound at garage sale and maybe on hsolist. why risk putting your new one through that kind of abuse when its cheaper to buy an old bow than it will be to have a string or cable put on your new one.