Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Down2Earth

Lake Waubay Fishing Reports

53 posts in this topic

The bite was very slow. Water temps 41-44 degrees. Spawn was complete and males had evacuated the shallows due to falling water temperatures. Frost every night and daytime highs in low 60's.

Was out all day Friday and Saturday. Fished the north end by grenville and all of the south side out of the kango ramp.

Caugth 7 eyes on Friday, kept 4. The size was much better this year, all the keepers were from 16 to 19.

Saturday we caught one eye in the morning and one in the afternoon. Really slow. Everyone we talked to didn't catch a fish except one group that said they got a few bobber fishing in the trees.

On the south end we saw water temps as high as 48.5 degrees.

Sunday we went to Enemy swin and saw one boat catch a smallmouth. We went to all the spots and didn't hardly mark anything.

The weather a couple of weeks ago and the cold now have really screwed the fish up. I would wait a couple of weeks before going if you could.

On Friday we fished Clear Lake in the morning. Got nothing there. Supposedly people have been getting a few fish on shallower lakes (Blue Dog, Minnewaska) in the afternoon.

any place to camp by waubay or bitter lake? looking for cheap or free tent camping?

looking to head up next week some time. the water temp sound be coming around... fish should be going. any reports over the weekend??? water temp??? any info would be nice! thanks for the help and good luck fishing:)

two weeks ago it was 48 degrees in the afternoon on Waubay. I bet if you go this weekend it will be in the low 50s. Should be just about right for some good catching. I just talked to a guide buddy of mine and the fishing has still been hit and miss. The screwy weather they had earlier seems to have screwed the fish up pretty good. If it is slow, think about bobber fishing in the trees on the north end of waubay. it works. Go to the Grenville ramp and hang a left out of the ramp. Go to the trees back by the farm.

We put an easy limit together sunday afternoon, fished several different spots and all held fish but two of them, kept a limit of 17-18's, had them up to 22'' jig n minnow. Water temp was 54-56 degrees

Thanks for the info! i will be heading there tuesday the 19th for about 3 days. plan on fishing waubay and bitter. guessing we will be hitting it about right!? hopefully the weather is good. also thinking about bringing my canoe and fishing some of the smaller lakes that u cant get a boat into. locals showed me a couple of spots were they got some big ones last year. will be bringing 2 poles on the trip.. one with a slip bob and other jig. how was the bite on waubay? did you pick up a lot of little ones? any of the lakes have a crappie bite?

anyone fish bitter? last year we did better there than waubay

fished all the lakes around waubay... walleyes where shut down do the may fly hatch

I'm hopefully heading to Waubay this fall [End of September] to fish for walleye if it's worth it. Are people still catching them out there and has it been good typically in the fall? I'm not real sure. Any help would be appreciated.

was just thier a few days back did well on spinners and crawlers on rockpiles/old roads thats my tip for ya. Id think pulling cranks would produce this time of the year

any body been out to waubay yet, ice or fishing report would be great. thanks in advance.

what nobody fishes Waubay anymore, i heard that the perch and eye bite is going pretty good, any reports on fishing or how much ice?

Bear in mind that Bitter has some PCB warnings for fish cosumption. A good spot to fish, but I wouldn't eat any of them.

I wouldn't eat any of them.

I wish everybody would live by that state of mind! there would be a lot more walleyes in there if that was the case

Heading out to Waubay area in a couple weeks. Just wondering if there has been any reports. Going to be staying in Webster and using the portables to fish. Bitter and Waubay will more than likely be the lakes of choice. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Don't be afraid to hit some of the smaller lakes and sloughs in the area...the fishing has been good on a few of the smaller bodies of water...

Hit the bait shop in Webster (next to the Hardware Hank)...they will steer you right...

I believe we will be staying at their place there in Webster connected to the bait shop. It will be the second trip out there so as for the small bodies of water we are always willing to investigate. How is the snow out on the lakes? Last year we ended up out right after a big snow storm and hope to stay away from that this year.

Yea talk to Doug the guy will never steer you wrong, he might not be able to put you on a hand over fist bite, but does a great job of putting you on the lake where the fish are biting.

has Rietz, I belive is the name of the lake, been any good this year? Was thinking of making a trip that way