• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Only 1 month left until we pick her up..

The Yeti

Our new golden retriever pup. I'm currently reading "game dog". Very good book. We're still researching crates. I also wanted to thank everyone on this site for info and suggestions on books and crates. I'm sure there will be more questions soon. FM has been and will continue to be a great knowledge resource for me and my wife. Not only on pups, but fishing and hunting.

Beef,
Good luck with your new puppy. I just dropped off my 6 month old Brit for training.
I would like people's thoughts on what to expect when she gets back. Trainer feels she will be fine by the end of October. She will see plenty of birds while in training, but I think she is very young to expect a good hunter this year. I will be hitting the game farms hard when I get her back to keep her on birds. Your thoughts??

she is a 6 month old. Don't expect a single thing and don't put any pressure on her, and most of all don't get upset, just let her race around and have fun. If she finds a few birds great, next year you can start to expect some real strides.

Yeti,

I justed picked up my golden after a few weeks of training. It was lot's of fun to see him flush and retrieve some birds today. He was so excited about finding birds, that I'm not sure he knew I was there.

Jackie Mertens video is pretty good for starting a puppy.