• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog vs Spiders

The Grebe

"If a dog and a spider wrassled, who would win?"

Just kidding, I have a legitimate question for any knowledgable dog people out there.....we have a dog and a cat, no one to watch them for us and we have alot of little spiders making cobwebs in our basement.

If it was just us, we could set up a bug bomb and leave, can't do that with the animals. We want to whack the spiders without harming the critters...before I go over to PetCo, any suggestions?

Grebe,

There are a couple of things you can use in the way of a spray. Fleet has a pyrethrin based, z-44 I think, big a$$ can of bug stuff that is safe for dairy and poultry barns. it is not good for fish but will kill most anything flying or crawling.

Another thing would be to grab the old shop-vac and suck them all out.

Swamp Scooter, thanks for the info, was working on equipment today, so could'nt address the problem. Vac gets the webs and some of the little dudes, but it seems like there is always a good supply left. I'm sure there are scads in between the false ceiling, in the little cracks and crevices, places where only a pesticide can ferret them out. Fleet farm goes on the to-do list for tommarrow.