• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So I'm heading to Meridian on 04-21-09 - 04-28-09 and want to catch some trout. I will be bring my fly rod and a spinning reel combo. I know that the seasons aren't open, but there are family waters that are. So here's my question, where, what, and when. Anything would help.

Here,

You can fish most of the Boise River with either set-up. Only problem that could crop up would be increased flows out of Lucky Peak Res. raising the river levels........have not seen a schedule, but traditionally they'll be up by the time you arrive making the river a little dicey to fish. What brings you to ID?

WD

My old ladies family is out there, and some of her family haven't seen are kids yet. So while out there I would like to get on some trout. Last time we were out there I got skunked. I even fished for bass, but only fished them for no more the 30 minutes. Hopefully this time will be different. I also have not a very in depth knowledge of fly fishing. I used to mess around with a fly rod, but haven't done any in a long time.

WD,

So here we are under 48 hours away from touchdown, I am getting the itch badly. It looks like I might not be bringing the fly rod due to the fact that NorthWest is trying to charge $175.00 one way. Needless to say I'm not paying that, just to play in the water. So where is a god start to try fishing close to meridian.

the river looks to be in fairly good shape. The corp has not elevated it yet.....I'm not sure of the schedule.

I used to fish where Linder Rd crosses the river and done fairly well at the bridge or just downstream. Spinners or dunking a worm or salmon egg or powerbait ought work. There are multiple accesses from Linder upstream all the way thru Boise. I'd think there would be a little surface activity starting as our weather has warmed up dramatically.

WD