• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Classic 70's Remote

GRfisher

Last weekend we went on a little trip to my aunts house and we took the dog along. However somewhere along the way, we lost or left behind our remote. But we do not have it anymore.

I was wonderin gif anyone would happen to have an extra lying around for a good deal or if anyone knew of how i could get another on of a good price.

Thanks for your help,
GRfisher

Collars don't work that way. Each one has a (relatively) unique frequency. The collar and transmitter are set for each other. DON'T BUY ONE FROM JUST ANYBODY. They'll be ripping you off.

That said, you'll have to contact Tri-Tronics.

Bummer, huh? Sorry.

GRfisher - one place you may wanna check with would be collarclinic dot com. They have new and reconditioned stuff, and their prices weren't bad last time I checked.

Good luck.

Idog is correct, the collar and remote combination most likely will not work. You will have to have the collar or the remote reprogrammed for matching frequencies. Not sure who would do that though!

One thing you might want to try is to just call Tri Tronics themselves and see if they have a decent option. Both me and a buddy of mine had our collars go out. My buddies was still in the year warranty but mine was two years past. We both sent our stuff in (two years apart) and got brand new ones back no questions asked. They've got my vote until I get treated differently. You might be able to buy one from them cheaply knowing it's the correct frequency with the serial numbers. Or they might ask you to send your collar to them. Who knows, might be worth asking.

------------------
So many scientists, so few rockets.

Well thanks everyone. Sounds like i will contact Tri Tronics then and see what they'll do for me.

I guess i never thought about the different frequencies thing, but it does make sence.

Thanks again,
GRfisher

The collar clinic can help you as well and might be cheaper than Tri Tronics.Unless Tri Tronics gives you a new remote, they some times do nice things like that.

I will get a number for you as soon as I get back up stairs to find my Gun Dog magazine.

Benny