• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Barred Owl with Picture

micpic

3354358069_d35162d579_o.jpg While out spliting wood this afternoon, I noticed the Barred Owl's hooting in the middle of the day. This is happenng almost every day at the same time. Barred Owls call is somewhat the same as "Who Cooks For You" so I know what I'm listening to. Does anyone have a theory of why this happens during the day?

Mike 3356512228_fee0dcf6ba_o.jpg

Thanks Jason, That is what I was thought but was'nt sure of. We have alot of hollow Oaks which make fine nesting places for them. The rabbits also get thinned out during this time. I hope to get a better image because they seem to get used to me bugging them.