• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring is just around the corner!

Thought I'd give you Northern Minnesotans a reminder that the official start of spring is March 20th. The robins have been around Madison for a while now, but never while I had the camera and good weather at the same time. I stumbled upon this guy and 3 others basking in a field. They seemed very curious about the camera, each one taking turns hopping closer and almost always staring directly at me. Maybe they were competing to be the first robin photographed this spring. It is an absolutely gorgeous day to be outside!

robin_090314-1.jpg

2U77Matt, I see you said Madison, as in Lac QUi Parle county madison? There are some excellent photo ops around there. THere are usually some eagles hanging out North of the Laq qui Parle [PoorWordUsage] towards the big cotten wood try near the goose hole.

Paul,

Actually I meant Madison, WI. (I try not to use that "dirty" word too much around here. grin ) I used to live in Roseville, but my work took me out of state. I always enjoyed the pictures posted here and the friendly help, so now that I'm actually taking a few pictures myself I come back here to share.

I've never been to the part of the state you mention, but I did a little googling and it looks like a neat place. Thanks for the recommendation. It might be a nice place to stop on a road trip out west.