• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

American Goldfinch.

Paul

Have not seen any of these guys around this winter so I thought I would post a pic of this guy haning out at the Buffalo River Science Center. I ahve been stopping there about once a week to moniter the migration start and I am seeing some different birds each time so I think it is coming. Also had some ceder waxwings at my house in Moorhead for a few days. 1st time I had ever seen one.

109980519.jpg

Definately an american goldfinch, in some fine transitionary plumage as well, congrats. As a suggestion, this seems like a good situation to try to use a flash to balance out your backlit subject, this would also add some snap to the eye of the bird smile

Thanks for the tip. Never thought of using my flash into the bright morning prairie sky. I will drag my 430 along with me next weekend if I get out again. the birds are really starting to move so I will most likely be out.

Recently, I've been getting into some situations where I'm on the wrong side of the light for different reasons. If you have a cooperative subject, it's really handy to have a flash to slap on to open up creative options as far as lighting is concerned. Of course I'm still talking fill flash here, not flash as the main light source. Good luck!

Nice one Paul! I know there are sure lots of birds others have been photographing all winter that they probably take for granted but are rarely seen in these parts. The goldfinches have been here too all winter and without a doubt, there is a color change starting to show on them. The yard is getting muddy so spring is coming. Not a minute too soon I might add.