• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dakota county bowhunting

Crow Hunter

I am looking for places close to home to bowhunt deer- is anyone familiar with Gores pool WMA? Is there places to walk in and hunt there, or do you need a canoe? Other public places to hunt around the area? I have not had success getting on private land, at least not yet. Thanks for any information.
CH

Good luck to you fellas!!
If anyone does have any land in dakota county you sure won't hear about it.
I have a very small private piece about 10 acres. I have a buddy that has over 75 and he won't even tell me what city its in!! I have know this guy for over 15yrs
But I wouldn't tell him my spot either so... GOOD LUCK

i duck hunt in gores pool. I have also deer hunted in that area as well. You can walk in at several points but for a lot of it you should have a canoe. A lot of people walk the railroad tracks until they hit land then go in from there. I'm not sure if that is legal but a lot of guys do it. there is one group of deer hunters that does very well out there. I belive they hunt the second gun season. they stand hunt in the morning and then drive the various islands.