• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Tripleplay

Tullibee?

Just got back from LOW and have about a dozen tullibee that I am planning to smoke. My father-in-law used to catch them on his home lake and swears that he just threw them on the smoker with no brining and nothing real fancy.

Does anybody have any experience and/or recipes that I can use on these fish? My wife remembers her dad's tullibees and I've been pleasantly surprised that she is all for this. I had never discussed this with her until I told her we had caught a good amount of them and that I wanted to try smoking them.

I smoke tullibees all the time.In fact I just got some yesterday.Just go to the thread about smoking here and use one of the recipes.I use the one where you add 1 cup salt to 1 gallon of water and soak overnight.I always leave the skin on fish that I smoke.Just punch a few holes in the skin to let out the oil and moisture.

Tullibees have a row of bones down the middle.....kind of like northerns do so be carefull of them.I like a strong smoke taste with them otherwise I think they taste a little fishy compared to other game fish.About 2 hours in the smoker at about 200-225 degrees.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• If you ever have a hard time controlling temps with that controller you can always switch it out with a Savannah Stoker. https://www.savannahstoker.com/collections/frontpage/products/savannah-stoker-pellet-grill-control-system
    • LOL, you probably have more money into grills and smokers than I do.....
    • Just picked up a camp chef SG the other week pretty stoked about it  
    • I bought a boat before this season the guy I bought it from never transferred it in his name and registration was set to expire.  I had all the registration cards and what not I simply just made my own bill of sale from the "original" owner and scribble his name the best I could from his registration card. The trailer title was easy because the old owner filled out the seller info already and the guy I bought it from never filled out the buyer so I just had to put my info in.   I wasn't about to go track down the original guy when he lived 2 hours away from me. What is the worst that could happen
    • You will probably need that many to make sure you have one that works 😁. The last grill I bought was a top of the line charbroil with the side burner yadda yadda. Nearly $600.  Lasted barely two years with half the burners no longer working right and finally the grates were a rusted mess and it was replaced by a pellet grill. 
    • It's the same form whether the boat is titled or just registered. How long is the boat? 16' or longer or if there was a loan on it when new it would be titled. The form is just the starting point, since Homeland Security took an interest in boat ownership transfers several years ago it is not an easy process.
    • I have had great luck w/ my 3 yr old Big Horn. I have always said that the controller and hopper looked a lot like the Pit Boss       yeah... I'd say you've got options!
    • Actually I got a new 4 burner Char Grill with side burner this spring for up at the camper and a new cheaper 2 burner with side burner a week ago for at home, so alone with the new Char Grill smoker I got last year I have plenty of wienee cookers thanks.  😘