• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spinners + Twisters

Huey

What do you guys think of spinners or twisters?

And how do you use them? Do you use them along side a fake or live decoy?

I got a Black Box Twister a couple weeks ago. It twists the line and then an attractor slowly spins as the line unwinds. I haven't had any fish come into it yet, but I also haven't used it much either. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Hook your big Muskie spoon on in place of the attractor, put your natural colored pike down next to it so it looks like it is staring into it and wait for the pike to come.

If you get tired of waiting lift the line for the spoon up to about the edge of the ice and let go. Repeat as necessary.

Heuy I have had great success this year with my spinner rig and I have probally speared more pike this year with it than live or fake decoys. I have had pike come right past the live decoy and sit and stare at the spoon that I'm spinning. I have noticed that it does seem to work better in stained and dirty water better than in clear but I havent speared a lot of real clear lake yet.

Get yourself some cheap spoons from wally world or where ever and they dont have to be muskey size either I'm using just regular size spoons. Change colors frequently just like decoys until you find out what works for you. the biggest pike that I saw this year came to me jigging the spoon.

You just have to have paitence with it and IF you spin it they will come grin sorry coulnt resist

Good luck Heuy

Don't be so hasty, I've seen spoons outproduce any decoy, and live bait on several occasions. Another item that has become a go to for me, is a 3 inch white tube jig. Had a lot of great response to them. Pike are curious creatures at times. My Great Uncle Speared over 50 years using a red and white, a spoon, live suckers, and a golf ball painted black on one side. One would wonder what interests a pike about a golf ball spinning round and round and round, black white, black white... some days changing things up is a tremendous help.

I thought you were talking about adding spinner blades and twister tails to the tail of a decoy! This is something we do to all our decoys and I highly recommend one or the other.

I have never used what you're talking about...but I've heard it works.

BNS

I not messin around it works awsome. sometimes oldschool doesnt work so you have to adapt to the situation man. I like useing fake decoys alot but this year on the lake I spear the most the spoons are simply the way to go they are produceing more fish. the numbers speak for themselves

BNS I know you like red/white decoys also but they just dont seem to attract the pike on this particular lake I'm on. so I try new stuff all the time.