• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First of all, MRPIKE the contest is on Feb 14. I believe the hours are noon till 3:00pm.

As for jigginjims comments, our contest is a fun for all contest. We have people who bring their whole family out for a day of fishing. Would you rather see these families with kids sit out in the cold and freeze. So to answer your ?, yes you can use a perm. house. If your only goal is to go to a contest and win money I would think, being the expert you are, you would move on to bigger and better tournaments.

duckman thanks for your repley i dont live in south haven your right i found out about your contest 3 years ago my nephew won a rod he still talks about it it is very family oriented im glad you allow fish houses it makes it fun for my nieces and nephews i'll be there at noon thank you

No kidding... what's with all the bashing of the local ice fishing contests? If you can't enjoy yourself at an event like that, you shouldn't be there in the first place. It's all about having fun. Catching a fish or winning a prize is just a bonus. I think the sponsors and volunteers do a great job.

Sorry, I have not been able to get back to you guys. I have have talked with several people that were at the Maple lake contest. Most of them are not happy with the fact, that guys would bring perms out just for the contest. I always had a great time at these contests. Even won some great prizes, but when guys bought portables and perms out. It felt like doing a summer fishing tourney, and nobody checking the livewells before it starts. The old contests had guys standing next to one another, chatting, telling fish stories and want ever.

I think, many have may have gotten too competitive, Must win the big prize! Guys having equipment driven over, doesn't sound all that great! Granted there is always a few bad apples in the every barrel. I would maybe go to more again, sometime but the same time don't look forward to getting beatin up. Just for my one sided opinion.

Thanks guys for letting me vent. May we all have a great time fishing!!!!!!!!! Good luck and keep the lines tight.

Duckman,

I would also agree with you. I have fished the Kingston Lion's and South Haven Sportsman Club Tournaments for years and years.

I have no problem with Perm's being out there. It's a donation to 2 good causes. In all the years I have fished both these contest's, I have not seen anything like what happened the last two years at another contest. Count me in for the S.H. Sportsman again this year---. Got a Nice Door Prize last year. Just wish I could have used it Deer Hunting this year.

hi grandpa ray it is at 12:30 to 3:00 if your coming from kimball head south on hwy 15 till you hit a small town called kingston its about 10 miles from kimball just guessing the miles turn left in town there is a white church right on the left side only road turning left also go up about a block i believe the road number is 19 i dont remember if its a county or state road turn left there you will go about 5 miles you will come to a very sharp curve it has those yellow curve signs on it turn right there its about 1/4 mile up from there you can see the lake from the road its very easy to get to if all else fails there is a little gas station in kingston that you could ask questions . hope this helps its alot of fun and low key if this doesnt help just reply back and i'll get my phone no# to you

February 14th? Poor date selection in my opinion. Especially for those of us with women in the house (Valentine's Day).

Oh well, more prizes for the single gentlemen...or those fortunate enough to have women who like to ice fish.

Good luck everyone!