• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Non resident spearing Bill?

Dan L

The problem lies with states who won't allow us to spear in there state. If there is reciprocity between states then all is good with me. If North Dakota and Wisconsin aren't going to allow us to spear there than they shouldn't get the privilege to spear here.

so, just trying to catch up here...what is the "actual" reason that there isn't a non-resident spearing season in different states?

is it because of the abundance (or lack there-of)---in which 'spearing' must cut pretty good into the total harvest taken (i say that only for this case)

is it because they (states) want to limit the take of 'big pike' (because they think that spearing allows this in an easier manner?

or is it because of what's said above and the states are acting like kids do when one hits the other and the other thinks that hitting back "only makes it fair"...gimme a break, is that what's going on? Minnesota and ND are no better than a couple of nit-picky kids?

i say "boo-hoo" and i'll be taking a trip to ND (if time allots) because of the fish i hear coming from the dakotas. and i would want the same opportunity for others to come here as well.

...but. i'm an optimist and i'm hoping that this topic is based off numbers of fish taken and that the state had to choose between different methods of reducing pike taken. was restricting non-res from spearing done to simply reduce the harvest taken?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a done deal.

We can now darkhouse spear in the 7 states that allow darkhouse spearing.

Michigan

Wisconsin

Minnesota

North Dakota

South Dakota

Montana

Alaska

Our own state was holding us up from darkhouse spearing in ND but that is corrected now