• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sharptails

shorebird

I hear ya on the earliness of the sharpies on the lek thing!....Here all these years I was under the impression that sharptail do the "dance thing" when the snows are melting and the fields are opening up each spring....Wrong!...others I know also have said they've seen the sharpies already "displaying".....go figure!....these are one tough species of bird for sure!....dancing at 30 below zero! cry.....Spring really isn't "that" far away I guess......maybe the birds know something we don't grin

Hi jimalm:

These were pretty close............I don't have much of a camera.

I have taken pictures where they were so close I had to wait until they got farter away.

These were within 30 yards.

If your ever in my area give me a call and I am pretty sure I can get you some nice close ups.

I Do a count every year on the same roads. Two weeks ago 126 birds.

This Lek is displaying on a gravel road so I was able to drive up and wait for them to get closer. I took the pictures out of my pickup window.

Thanks again for your response on the Grosbeaks

Have a good week

DSC_4875.jpg

DSC_4796.jpg