• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lost a dog today...

Bobby Bass

Quiet night here, we lost one of our dogs to Diabetes this afternoon. Our dog Pepper, a one of a kind bird hunting Pitt Bull died in her sleep this afternoon. The young gal was only five but had a history of health problems. If you have lost a dog then you know how I feel, it does not get any easier. Toughest part might have been when the grand kids came over looking for her as she was their buddy in crime when it came to raiding grandma's cookie jar. Give your dog an extra dog bone tonight and a hug Thanks Bobby.

halleypepper.jpg

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

nicely said i'm sry bout your loss

my sympathies. lost mine to the highway this spring. you're right, it does not get any easier. I also posted here when Jake died. I check the forum daily and my heart sinks when I read another post like mine. take care, good luck!!

Little hard this morning putting dogs out and holding the door open waiting for that third one to come in as Pepper was always last. Will take awhile. I am very lucky that I have Bud and Barney, don't know how someone handles having just one. Pepper will still be remembered in stories from Lake Iwanttobethere as she will live on there. Thanks guys for your thoughts and kind words.. Bobby

Sorry for your loss. Patching the hole in your heart from the loss will not be easy. Mostly likely will always be there as mine is still from May. I am again sorry for your loss of your buddy. No matter what age they are it never is easy as each and every dog that you have is never replaceable.

Being older, I have lost a number of great dogs. Each one is special for their personality and quirks. It is never easy to lose a friend. Shedding a few tears definitly helps.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

Those memories, of all the good times you had, will last a lifetime.

tweed

I would like to add my condolences as well. We lost our dog just over 2 weeks ago. He went down due to cancer. I like to think that where he is running now he has no ailments and can chew up whatever he wants. I am glad that he has a partner in crime up their now.

Godspeed Pepper