• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

brainerd ice contest

The contest is always on! My first year it was 18 below for the high.

Get the extra face mask and hop in the car and get on up here! The fishing is great. We were on the ice tonight catching nice walleye with the Marcum guys. Listen to me on KFAN Saturday morning as well!

Congrats to your sis and to everyone else that iced a fish.

I was once again riding around picking up trash that people had or left on the ice. Its kinda fun to watch everyone trying for THE BIG ONE!

Next year I think ill give the fishing another try.

Duck

Thanks to the Jaycees for putting this on. Great time no matter how cold!!!

Does it seem like people are taking the drinking a little too far the last couple years? I was in line to go back to BIR and some guy was running around and tackled a snow fence, then right in front of a volunteer he tackles a garbage can! He made a mess. It is just sad to see someone acting like that at an event put on by volunteers.

Every year you get the drunko's.

Every year our M.I. chapter gets bashed by 1 or 2 groops of drunk guys about hating muskies and wanting to kill them all.

Taking there opinion out on us. LIKE WE CARE WHAT THEY THINK!!

It would be nice to see a alcohol free tourny but they would loose a bunch of people and a bunch of money.

So, for now we just have to deal with the ones that become idiots with alcohol.

Also,its to bad the kids out there having a good time have to see and listen to them.

Duck

Does it seem like people are taking the drinking a little too far the last couple years? I was in line to go back to BIR and some guy was running around and tackled a snow fence, then right in front of a volunteer he tackles a garbage can! He made a mess. It is just sad to see someone acting like that at an event put on by volunteers.
First, I'd also like to thank the Jaycees for another great year! Always a good time.

I too was waiting in line to the BIR and saw the same thing! It's sad but it seems like there's always a select few who need to still act like they're freshmen in college and ruin it for the rest. His buddy wasn't any better either.

Originally Posted By: MP6Walleye
First, I'd also like to thank the Jaycees for another great year! Always a good time.

I too was waiting in line to the BIR and saw the same thing! It's sad but it seems like there's always a select few who need to still act like they're freshmen in college and ruin it for the rest. His buddy wasn't any better either.

We must have all been standing near each other. My opinion is that so long as they have a sober ride home, and don't bother the other people too much...let 'em drink til it comes back up.

I just wish I had a dollar for every drunk person I saw fall down. And then there was the guy with the broken open eyebrow, nose and chin...

Had a guy in our area that was so drunk by the time the tourney started he couldn't stand. They put him in a chair and he would just fall out. After watching him lay face down on the ice for 20 minutes and walked in and got the EMT's.

It's fine to let them drink until they puke (or pass out). But vandalizing and tackling snow fences or knocking down trash cans is a whole different story. What kind of example does that set for any kids that may be watching? Thanks Jaycees, it was a great time. However, its a shame that some people don't know their limits.

I don't even understand how people could drink with the weather as cold as it was! Did everything I could just to stay warm. I gave a few drunks a ride back to their cabins on my sled after the contest and couldn't believe how drunk people actually were.