• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Unloading muzzleloader

vanhea20

I hunt at my house and remove the primer only nightly.You should be able to unscrew the breech and push the bullet through. I have a CVA optimum pro and I can unscrew the breech plug the powder falls out and I push the bullet out .or !!BANG!!

Just another tip if you are going to hunt the next day and only want to take out the primer that you keep the gun at the same temp at it is outside. Otherwise you can get condensation in the barrel from going cold to hot(outside bring inside for the night and back outside next morning) the the next day u may only get a puff instead of a boom.I keep mine at the place were I hunt when it is cold in its case but it is prvt land.

vanhea20, I do the same as mnguy152. Once I load my muzzleloader at the start of the season I do not bring the muzzleloader inside until I have fired it. I leave it in a hard case in a unheated garage so it is almost the same temp as outside. This year I loaded mine a couple of days before season (about November 27th) and did not fire it until December 12th and it fired perfectly and I shot a 143" 4 1/2 year old 11 pointer. I do this every year and I have never had a miss fire. I do take the primer out each night so there is no chance for the gun to fire.