• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trails in Wright County?

cw642

Does Wright County have any trails to ride or not?

I am looking for the reasoning behind the tresspassing my neighbors and I have to put up with. Twice in the last 3 days some jerk-baits have decided to ride though 40 acres of conservation planting to play on a 2 acre lake for maybe 5 min. Well worth the dammage done to the PRIVATE habitat. Oh and on their way over there the decided to try and tip my broadcast feeder over by driving right next to it. Real cool, you need a photo shoot with Snoriders!

SO, then issue that snowmobilers are illiterate highschool dropouts comes up. NO MOTER VEHICALS means that thing you are on with the motor, can't be riding on a blacktop trail, that was just put in, north of Maple Lake on highway 8. Thanks for ruining ANOTHER good thing for a community.

I do realize that only a few are at fault but with all the money and time the local clubs put into the trails it seems dumb to take off and ruin peoples property. If you want to ride where every you want, go out west in the mountains where it's allowed. Pretty sad to see a bunch of seedlings that a 70 y/o neighbor planted and took care of all summer and the ones my 5 y/o planted ruined all because some can't follow the laws. Good thing when we plant our new seedlings this spring I am putting up a single strand of barb wire to keep the deer out.

CW

umm yes wright countny has trails. I live in annandale and I know some a maple lake. which lake are you talking about? I think the lake I am thinking of is millstone. but I am not sure. how far north of maple lake is it?

Is that trail along Co. 8 the state funded Grant in Aid snowmobile trail? Often the "No Motor Vehicles" postings are directed at motorcycle and ATV use which have very different regulations.

Also, is your land legally posted? If it is not, and it is not tilled agricultural land, then the trespass law becomes somewhat vague. Please be sure you have properly posted it just to be sure. I agree that the snowmobilers have no business there but you have responsibility as well.

I'm sure it felt good to write this but dont be ridiculous. Do you really want to decapitate somone, especially after putting it in writing? Call the police. Put up no-tres signs near where it happened and keep your eyes open. We all have to deal with intrusions in our lifes and with our properties.

Is that trail along Co. 8 the state funded Grant in Aid snowmobile trail? Often the "No Motor Vehicles" postings are directed at motorcycle and ATV use which have very different regulations.

Also, is your land legally posted? If it is not, and it is not tilled agricultural land, then the trespass law becomes somewhat vague. Please be sure you have properly posted it just to be sure. I agree that the snowmobilers have no business there but you have responsibility as well.

life sucks dude. but its going to be worse when someone sues you over getting hurt while tresspassing. and yes it does happend its dumb because they are trespassing and they don't know if there are hazzards on your land. what i would do is next time you see them go out there. Ask them in a nice tone of voice saying "this is private land here you have no reason to be here. next time you are you come on my land I will be calling the cops". remember you will always get more bees with honey than vinagar. I had a run in with a land owner once. i had permission from his grandkid to hunt there but her did not know that. he came up to me yelling and screaming. all I did was I unloaded my firearm infront of him and said. Sir it may not be wise choise to come up yelling at someone with a loaded gun. I told him next time when you confront someone on your land ask them in a nice tone of voice to please leave. because some people have bad tempers and it could be ulgy quick.