• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

'03 Honda Rancher ES Fuel Primer

Big-Al

My primer is not functioning very well. It seems to have a very short stroke and it also leeks. Seems worse in the very cold, so I think it might have moisture in there. Does anyone know it they are rebuildable or do you just have to replace the whole works? The parts list just lists the whole pump and they are a bit spendy, about $80. Has anyone dealt with these?

I would think you'll need to spend the $$ to get it done right. If it leaks, then you're more than likely getting water in there if not ingesting excess air into your motor, causing a lean condition.

Although that may be on the extreme side, I wouldn't want to risk burning up a motor.

Not sure what else you've had to do over the last 6 years to the machien for maintenance, but $80 in 6 years is a cheap fix.