• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Buying a camera and need suggestions.

I'm a Nikon guy to the bone, but when it comes to point and shoot cameras, buy a Canon. When I first started the switch from film to digital I bought a Canon Powershot. What a great camera, I still use it a lot. Where I work we Canon Powershot cameras to document quality issues.

Panasonic does it for me. You can get into a TZ3-5 for under that amount and it will have a 10x zoom Lica lens. This camera will fit in a small case on your belt like a cell phone holder.

What I like the most is the recovery time between shots with the Panasonics. I purchased a higher end Kodak a couple of years ago and had to go back to my TZ3 because the Kodak wouldn't recover fast enough to get another shot of kids just being kids.

Also the new FZ28 is avalible in that price range with an 18x zoom and some manual settings to dail in your shots even more. This camera is the size of a small DSLR to big to fit on your belt.

I will have to say I've been looking at the Canon sx10is but I think I'll wait till Canon brings the sx1 to the US market with the same sensor Canon uses in their DSLRs they both have a 20x zoom and the sx10is is running about $320.00 online. This camera is the size of a small DSLR.