• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hows the fishing been on these lakes? Been to Cedar a couple times cathing a few crappie. I'm now trying to target some eyes out there and wondering where i should begin looking. I have found them over the summer but not having as much luck on the hard water. Should i be fishing cribs or breaks or? Before day break, during the day, after dark? Can someone steer me in the right direction?

Quite a few people on Cedar last night. I couldn't even get over a crib in any of the locations. So we fished off too the side. Lots of 4 inch perch down the hole but nothing after dark. Everyone was driving fast and all over the place. No wonder the bite has slowed down out there.

Try fishing on the est side of the lake about 1/4 to 1/2 mile south of the north boat landing. You will see a cluster of houses out there and fish on the west side of them over the rocks. Early morning and at dusk seem to work best. I've been out there three times, I get to fishing about 6:30 am and I'm done around 9:30 to 10:00. Good Luck!

i would avoid cedar if you have other options, there are just way too many people out there. there are fish to be caught, but you have to work really hard to catch them. as far as walleyes, like durham said, they are catching a few out from the north landing. i've heard plain hooks and fatheads have been most productive during low light conditions.

Durham do you have an email address? I have a few more questions if you don't mind me asking. It sounds like you know quite a bit about the lake. I just recently started fishing it this past fall. I found some rocks this morning but no luck catching. Had a pair of lookers but no takers.