• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eagles Anyone?

Does anyone have an idea of where I could go this coming weekend to snap a couple photos of eagles? My brother-in-law and I are just starting to get into photography. This summer we had a chance to get some shots of eagles but we were disappointed with the final products. We've learned a lot since then and would like to try again. We're in the west metro but are willing to drive some distance if we know we'll find something to shoot. Does the Redwing area offer any opportunities this time of year?

Thanks in advance, Mike

You can try Black Dog Rd in the Burnsville area. There's been some around there, otherwise Redwing or Wabasha should have some. I haven't heard so much about that area but you can call the National Eagle Center in Wabasha and they'll tell you.

Good Luck

I called the Eagle Center in Wabasha about a week ago and they told me the numbers were down, but there were around 50 - 60 in the area, compared to closer to 200 in a normal year. However, I'd rather have 5 cooperative eagles than 200 that you can't get within 100 yards of. There is no doubt you'll see eagles in the area, but you just never know if you'll have any ops for good photos. Luck plays a large part in it.

Good luck.