• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Early goose hunting

Anyone going goose hunting? The season kicks off on 9/2. I have 4 or 5 smaller flocks comeing off a local flowage, and flying over my house every morning at about 6am. The darn things are about 30yds off the ground! I could probably catch them in a long handled net!! This morning I followed the flocks, and found them working a couple fields about a mile from my house. Cant wait to give the birds a wake-up call on 9/2! I also hunt a blind that is about a 1/4 mile from a park, the park is called Duck Island. Nice name to a waterfowl hunter. At any given time there's hundreds of ducks of different species here. I went down to the park to feed the ducks/geese the other day, I want them to recognize my face as a "friendly" Could this be considered baiting? smile.gif After a while the birds learn to swing wide of the blind, those that dont never get a second chance!!! Good luck hunting, can it be luck?

Hey, who's that good looking guy holding that goose in the Wausau Daily Herald, Outdoor section 8/24?.....That's me! All kidding aside, Jim Lee the outdoor editer and I hunted early season geese last year, and he has a very informative article about the early goose hunt....Check it out if you can. Mark Hoffmann/can it be luck?

[This message has been edited by can it be luck? (edited 08-25-2003).]

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Here's the Picture and Article:

V2T53.GIF
V2T57.GIF

Looks like you had a good timje last year Mark!!!