• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

thoughts on 2007 glx 600 sport

Dahitman44

What kind of riding does your bro doo? You can obviously get a a lot of sled for $6900....just make sure it fits how he rides. The GLX is more of a luxury touring sled. It's not going to be set up for hard/fast trail/bump riding.... or ditch banging...as say and MXZ. If he is looking to sit back and enjoy a nice comfortable ride.....then it would be a good sled.

First things first I would assume he is looking at a GTX? I don't know of a GLX in the Skidoo lineup now that I think about it. If so the suspension on that sled is meant for a nice soft ride, and it not meant to ride fast and hard through rougher terrain. It has an air ride suspension in the rear, which most sleds do not have and it's for the soft cushioned ride. Riding in ditches would be fine....but if he is flying over driveways and blasting over drifts at all then the sled may not be the best option for him.

You can find MXZ's out there for a bargain.....either slightly used or a hold over similar to what you describe he looking at. If he is just going to sit down and enjoy the ride with his kids on the back then this sled would be fine, otherwise look into an XP chassis MXZ or maybe even a Renegade (that gets my vote). Also, I think the GSX is set up a little more suspension wise than the GTX.

He decided on that sled and went to the dealer filled out the paperwork and he was going to take it for a test drive at the dealer and it wouldn't start. They repalced the battery and it turned over but no start. In fact no gas smell. They hooked it up to the computer and it said the fuel pump was bad.

They ordered a new fuel pump.

Does this happen? Or is it an omen and he should switch out of that sled?

Thoughts?