• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Frabill Fortress

fishNcrappie

well i decided it time for new portable. i went with the GT fortress.(wanted more room) my XLTwin has been great even made some mods to it. which is why i stayed with frabill. if i had more $$$$ i would have gone with R2-tec. unfortantly no one had them in stock so i couldnt see one in person. only HSOforum pics. would be great if anyone that has/had one give pros/cons or some pics in use that would be great. supposed to be in by end of week. and then week later off to LOW!!!

(there will be a modded ranger XLTwin in classifieds really soon!!)

Pros

Lots of room

Very comfortable chairs

Sets up fast

Never frosts up on the walls

Warms up very fast inside

Windows are velcrowed in and can be replaced

Big sled with lots of room in it

If i ever need another one it would be insulated again

Cons

In -40 temps the sled will frost up on the inside(back wall)with the wind at the back.

If you use a big buddy heater and turn it on hi,it warms up so fast you will be peeling the window out trying to get some cool air.

The inside material is white.Some of the aluminum from the poles gets on the material and is hard to get it off.

Here`s a few pictures

Dans150.jpg

Dans152-2.jpgDans166.jpg

Dans153.jpg

Dans167.jpg

well i got the fortress put together today! man, what a task!! it took 5 hours!!!! am i an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly or is that normal? i love the size. lot bigger then my ranger xltwin. only thing i have to finish is putting on the storm guard trim. then its off to LOW next week!