• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

any burnette county activity

will be fishing yellow lake tommorrow afternoon,maybe devils,clam or lipsett on wed,any suggestions,ideas or info on ice conditions,or activity would be appreciated.
forecast sounds cold,hopefully bite will be hot.willpost results when i get back....

had too much of a honey-do list to get out fishing last weekend. there's getting to be quite a bit of ice - guys have been fishing smaller lakes for a couple of weeks already. can't tell you about the bite though.

i was out on yellow last weekend about 6 inch of ice up to where the wind got a hold of it which was at about 4-5 feet of water. after 5 feet it was really unsafe with about 2 inches of soft ice. be safe out there on yellow, if u dont care about dying go for it. no walleyes but had a few tip-ups go up, but it was right in the cold front. good luck.

Have you guys heard how the ice conditions are on Clam Lake? And/or how the fishing has been? Myself and a bunch of guys are heading up there this weekend.

Clam Lake in Ashland Co. should be fine, not sure which one you are asking about though. Be Careful, a life was lost in Iron Co. this weekend, man on a three wheeler went through. Very Cold the last three nights!, making good ice.

managed to get out on yellow lake on monday.i
wished i would have seen the previous report and saved some time to go elsewhere.3 to 4 inches pretty uniform,open spring straight out from jeffreys landing,ice shown refreeze
in several areas,couldnt get to where we wanted to go,very windy and cold
tues fished devils lake,solid 4\5 inches out from access,caught bass,northerns and even a
large purch on a tip up,colder weather but no wind to deal with,several locals heading out around 2\3 in the afternoon with portibles,lots of vegitation,hard to find the breaks without lots of holes and looking
maxed out around 12ft

Clam Lake again is producing some nice trophy fish during the winter. Last week there was a pike over 25 lbs. pulled out. Along with that beast, there has been a handful over 10 lbs.pulled out. The panfish seem to come in spurts of 4-10 fish but nothing to brag about yet. The crappies seem to be a bit sluggish now, but I believe after the first of the year things will change. There have been a few nice walleyes taken 4+lbs. but Clam is not know for eyes. Fish 80-100 yards North of the public access and run tip-ups towards the open water. For panfish use a orange/white/black teardrop about 6-10 inches off the bottom. Pike have preferred medium shiners over suckers. Fish tip-ups 2 ft. below ice for best results. Good Luck.

thanks for the update,have off starting 12\31
for 5 days of fishing.was thinking of heading
up to try a few lakes in the area.this is one i was on 12\3 but only 4 inches of ice then,keep the updates coming in..........

yahbutzinSiren:

Welcome to the best forum. Good to see you here.

Thanks for the report. That's good information. I LOVE pike on tip-ups, and there's nothing like an hour's drive to get the blood pumping in anticipation of pike.

Sounds like maybe a fellow could throw out a couple tip-ups, one on the weedline and one in more open deeper water, and fish with teardrops and waxies on the third line for pannies along the weedline.

Would that work?

Any more info on that lake, I would really appreciate. If you feel like sharing more (not that you should, necessarily), post or e-mail. grin.gif

Sounds like a winner of a place to fish. But then, it's Wisconsin, after all.

P.S. -- Hope you're all doing well in Siren. Tornados suck.

------------------
Steve Foss
Superior, Wis.
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 12-29-2002).]

drug the shack out on burlingame saturday. caught a dozen sunnies. 10" to 12" of ice, but no one driving on the lake yet. heard they're driving all over yellow and most other area lakes. anybody fishing the burlingame contest on jan 25?
dan

Daughter and I fished Yellow Lake on saturday from 1 pm to 6:30 pm.Fished on the north end at the drop-off.We caught 8-10 walleyes but they were all 10"-13".Flurry of activity just after sundown for an hour then it quit.Did keep a couple big perch.Still could be good.The biggest one I've caught up there was a few years ago on new year's day.That was 24" and caught in 6' feet of water on a tip-up.Later.

Cat:

You bet. Clam is a lake the has numerous pockets and line of weeds. In fact, during the summer months it is almost impossible to use any form of a lure that rides more than 3 feet below the surface. Well, I better get going-gotta fish ya know! Going to try out Devils Lake to bring in the new year.

Happy new year to all!

Devils lake has been handing out a few nice eyes 18-22 inches. Also been getting late night crappies 9-13 inchers. Been fishing the break in front of the resort in about 18 feet of water. Watch rod tip because the crappies are hitting lightly. Use glow jigs with 2"+ fatheads. There has been alot of traffic on the lake late into the night I wonder why????? Good luck!

-Butz

i've got my shack on burlingame this year. we've been doing ok for panfish. bass and pike have been a little slow. anyone else planning on fishing the danbury lion's ice fishing contest on burlingame, jan 25th?

any new updates,will be heading this weekend,
fished yellow on 1\20 out of jeffreys landing
with little luck,fished devils on 1\21
caught a walleye in 10\12 ft at 2 in the afternoon on a sunny day,also a few crappies\bass
how did the fishing contest go on burlingame

the burlingame contest was a blast. lots of friends and food. if you didn't drink your beer in 20 minutes, it froze solid!! largest bass must have been almost 5 lbs, and largest pike was about 15 lbs. it'll be good to have the lake back to ourselves again!
dan

dan,hows the bite been on burlingame??
walleye crappie or gills??deep water or shallow? fishing up there sat\sunday
may even try the game,how about some advice
on day\nite bite etc..thanks

on burlingame - up until two weeks ago, the sunfish and crappie bite was pretty good at sun-up and sun-down. we're in the mid-winter slump, i think. best bet is tip-ups. i'm off to florida for a week, so i won't be out there at all for a week. good luck.
dan