• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Ice Fishing Show , need info for kid...

Shawnny B

So I see that they advertised stuff for kids, but I never remember seeing anything other than the trout fishing "hole". Does anyone remember how much that trout "hole" was and has anyone else braught there 3.5 year old to the event? Im pretty sure she will do ok, but ya just never know...

Thanks

I took my 3y.i. daughter last year. Her favorite thing was playing in the setup shacks and eating popcorn (and dropping it all over.) I didn't get to do as much shopping as I would have liked, but we had a good time together.

It's a hard place to have a little kid by yourself (as was my case.) Lots of stuff at ground level for little paws to get into and it was packed. You need to keep a pretty close eye on the little ones for their safety and the vendors sake.

Yah, I know she will be OOOOHHH daddy or Dabie(Davie) Look at that, can i have this, can i have that. Or I will "loose" her in the portable, it will all be good, unless she somehow finds a way to fall down the hole.....

Luckly I will have two other guys there and shes a pretty good kid and will hopefully listen, and as far as not being able to shop, eh thats ok, that just means its will be harder to spend money =-)

Shawny B- I was 3 weeks old when I went to my first MPLS sport show.. I'm 37 now and have only missed one while in college and had to work. When I was in my younger years, my parents put me on a leash, yes a leash!!! I was running all over the place, it was the only way to keep track of me.

It kills me that I will miss the ice show this year. Love to be there! But I got to pay the bills too.. I will be at the Cabelas event the same weekend.

Im sure you stay away from the crowds, Dave and I usualy hit The A frame and have great luck for the kids, I will keep that in mind, maybe your nephew could come out and fish with us too. Any words on the Kids Fishing day like they did last year?

Im usualy good to go thursday-Saturday and Dave is on the lake Friday afternoon-Sunday afternoon.

Ill keep this in mind again THANKS!

ShawnnyB

Shawnny, the kids get together is on again this year. Same place, close to the same time. Here is the info.

For what it is worth, I brought my little boy last year, at 1 1/2 and it was tough. Deitz could probably attest to that as we stopped and chatted with him there. If he comes with me this year, he is going on a leash, for sure!

Thanks for the information Polarsusd, yeah, Im debating throwing the monkey on her back, poor kid will have a monkey on her back and shes not even an adult, guess the good thing is I put it there and I can remove it for her =-)