• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which is best?

mr marbles

I've got the Lakemaster. I like it because it does a pretty decent job with streets. Couple things I don't like is that it is state specific and does not have hi-def maps for most of the lakes I hit. Because of this, I will be looking into the Navionics chip.

It really depends on the lakes you fish. Look at the list of lakes on each chip and try to get high definition maps for as many of the lakes you fish as possible.

After that, the Nav chip has many more lakes (most of them are not high definition maps) and as was mentioned it even covers many states. LM has fewer lakes but has roads and other POI info so it's helpful while traveling in state if you want to use it that way.

Both work great in Lowrance, and both are better options in this area than Hot Spots (imo).

I have the lakemaster for the ifinder h2Oc. It works well but I am contemplating going with the Navionics chip for an upgrade this year, i looked at the HSOforum and saw that they upgraded/added many lakes that I fish and would like to fish. Plus you get the upper midwest states as opposed to just Minnesota.

does anyone favor the navionics hotmaps over the lakemaster for any other reasons?

Lakemaster is $100 and the Navionics Hotmaps Premium is $150. But Navionics includes the Dakotas, MN, WI, MI and IA vs just one state for Lakemaster. Also, Navionics has a $50 rebate promotion going on.

Good luck on the rebate. I bought my H2O and Navionics chip last year and they had the same $50 rebate going. I sent in my paperwork, UPC and receipt, and never saw a dime. After waiting the 4-6 weeks they told me it would take, I called the 800 number about a dozen times. No one seemed to be able to help me. I was given the names of 3 different people to talk to at Navionics, but after going in circles with them for about a month, I threw in the towel.

I'm very impressed with the chip, but when it comes time to upgrade, I'm not too sure I'll buy another Navionics chip.