• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Team Wild 2" ice house

kiowa

I got the wilderness series (the older version) and I love it. It gets used a lot and has held up to lots of abuse. The only thing I could complain about is that its a little heavy for me alone loading into the truck, but it is worth it because its made better than most. I just have to actually work hard for ten seconds while I lift it in, and I'm ok with that.

I did get the hy-fax for the sled which does help when pulling in the snow and adds durability when pulling across the pavement/gravel to the landing. I do think that the seat in the team wild is a little nicer than my bucket seats too.

I bought a WILD 3 last year and have had no issues with it at all. It is a very nice package that is very reasonably priced as well. This was the first flip-over I have owned and I think the quality is as good as any of the standard canvas flip-over shelters out there. They are very sharp and definitley stand out from the blue, black or green shacks that you see all the time on the ice. There is one complaint I did have with mine though....the bench seat that is pictured on their HSOforum is not what I received (not sure if the same thing will be with the 2-man). The one in the picture is the aluminum framed 2-bar flip-style and what I received was a 2 bar heavy duty steel frame that is pretty heavy and doesn't flip very easily when the shack is set-up. I am not sure if that was to prevent any warping since the bench was so long, but it doesn't matter to me much now as I did a mod to it this fall and the whole mod weighs about the same as the seat that it came with.

Shackbash, Deadeye and Dilleyo, Thanks for the input!

Sounds like a reliable model. I'm gonna order it today and hope the weather takes a turn for the worse, or better depending on your perspective.

The Wild series is a very nice "entry level" portable but the quality is there with them and they will last you many years if you keep average care of them. As I always tel everyone make sure you get the hyfax. This will add many extra years to your tub and make the sled track much better. If you pull with a 4 wheeler or snowmobile get the rigid hitch as well.

The tubs are heavy duty and the poles are very smooth. The Canvas color makes you easy too find. grin

Great choice.

This is really only 5th year I have been ice fishing. The first year all I had was two poles and a auger and thought I was set forever. While technically thats all you need the more time I spent on the ice the more desirable certain items became. This should be the last final piece of equipment for a while. Best purchase so far though has been my Marcum, I went three years without it and wouldn't trade for the anything!