• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Choosing Right Arrows

Jig4All

I shoot a BowTech Guradian and have been having problems with a 07 Commander and 07 Guardian where the mods on the cams strip out after only a few shots. Working with my pro shop I have sent them back to BowTech and they all received a clean bill of health yet I am going through them like water.

My Setup:

30.5" draw (CP.5 mods)

29 inch arrows CE Maxima & CE Maxima Hunter

70 lb draw weight

My review of the Adjusted Weight Chart on CE's site along with using their Hunting Arrows Selection Guide puts me in a TR7590 and not a MAX350.

I don't know a lot about this since I have never had problems like this before so I am trying to solicit feedback anywhere I can. I am not sure the guys I am working with understand what is causing the problems (since they cannot resolve it on 2 bows) so I am taking it upon myself to try to understand GPI, Spine, and everything else.

Thanks to anyone who can offer me some insight into proper arrow selection. I always thought CE Maxima 350s would be fine.

I shoot 70 lbs as well, and I shoot a fairly stiff arrow. I forget the model number right now of the arrows I shoot, but I know that you would want something with a bit stiffer spine as well, it will help to eliminate in flight wobble of the arrow, which can effect point of impact due to improper flight.