• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Want to build a 8x12 take apart

I'm looking to build an 8x12 that I can take apart into 4x8 sections for storage and transportation. anyone have any ideas for me on how to accomplish this?

Hi, THIS MAY HELP..
I built a 6x8 three years ago that has worked quite well. First i built a base with 2x6's, put 2 2x6 skids on. floor is 6x4 to stand on and 6x2 open to ice.
I then got a 2"x2", 2"x4", 2"x6", 2"x8" and attached each on the sides of the base (each make the wall go up and additional 2 inches). I then built walls out of 2"x2"'s with 1/4 plywood and 1.5 inch pink hard insulation. each wall was apr 2 inches shorter than the next. Then hinged each of the walls on the corresponding 2x2-2x8 so that they all came to the same height when up. ( i had to calculate so when the walls fold down they would not hit the wall on the otherside). Then made a removable ceiling out of 2x2's/ 1/4 plywood (and pink hard insulation) , 2 sections of 6x4'.

when i take the shack apart i take off the ceiling, fold down the walls (one after another) then put the 2 ceiling pieces on top (for storage).
I transport on a snowmobile trailer, (winch it when i need to get it off the ice)

jIM

That sounds very interesting. You don't happen to have any pictures you could email me do you? This could be a way for me to go... Of course I would have to go smaller than 8x12, but that is possible. Most of the time I think I'll be fishing alone anyway. Maybe the dog. [email protected]

Thanks for the idea.

Gus
Like Perchman, I to made a take apart house. We made ours 8x8 and was trying to think of a way expand it to a 8x12, but we never did it. I don't have any pictures of it but if you want to leave an address, I can draw up some of the details on how we did ours and mail them to you, or we could get together and go through it.

KSW

KSW- Thanks for the offer. I'd really like to do this. Send me your email address and I'll get you my address. I'm not sure I want to post that here. [email protected]

Gus

So what does something like this cost? I would love a house, but the cost is the big factor. Cheap is good! (well, on some things anyway)

Deeky,

Last time I priced things out I figured it would cost me about 300-500 in materials. that's with insulation and thinner probalby 1/4" plywood sides. and treated floor and roof. I'm probably going to deviate quite a bit from my last plan as I want to make this one that I can take apart for storage so I really don't have a closer estimate at this time. If you know anyone in the construction field you could probably dumpster dive for quite a bit of material. 10 years ago I built a 6x8 for free this way. I had to use "chipboard" sides so it didn't last more than three years but for free I was very happy.