• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

nuetral bouyance

the olde man

It all depends on what you're talking about. Neutral bouyancy is very important while using a slip bobber as in the Ice Buster Bobbers when the fish are biting light. Trim it down to match your bait and jig weight and watch the bobber go down undetected. In Crank Baits I like the neutral bouyancy so I can stop my retrieve and let a fish look at the bait and then they will smack it. Some instances it just doesn't matter. Bruce Mosher

------------------
Bruce Mosher,www.icebusterbobbers.com

Nuetral bouyancy can be important in several aspects of fishing. Often times when fishing, a fish doesn't want to feel resistance when taking a bait, so by allowing the fish to take in a bait without feeling any resistance can really help sometimes. I've found that to be true especially during ice fishing. One thing I've been using to help me achieve nuetral bouyancy is Bio-Bait, it floats in water and can be very helpful. Achieving nuetral bouyancy has helped me catch more fish this winter. Check out this link, I wrote a little article about this:

Bio-Bait Bouyancy

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

[This message has been edited by Matt Johnson (edited 03-09-2004).]

You can definitely see the real light bites with lighter buoyancy
I carry several lengths of Ice Busters and keep changing until it floats just at the surface seems to work the best. Using different jigs and the size weight and activity of the bait make a difference.

This doesnt have much to do with neutral bouyancy, but what I have read for people targeting suspending panfish, there are two options if you dont have a vexilar or if the bite is light. WHat you do is find a small bobber which can not quite hold up the lure. this will cause the lure to gradually pull the bobber down, thus making a very slow fall through the suspended fish, once the bobber stops, it means you have a hit more than likely. SO if your fishing in 40 feet of water, and the fish are 16 feet down set the bobber stop at the approximate depth of the top level of the fish and then let it "drift" through the school. It may seem complicated but i have seen it done before.
Best Fishes
Chris

[This message has been edited by huskiesplayer15 (edited 03-10-2004).]