• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I am headed to Bayfield this weekend and wondering if there is any place to pier fish in that area the relys might get boring so I need a place to fish, any ideas will help on what to bring and use. Thanks

Saffer

Really sad to say, there isnt a great spot to shore fish around these parts, especially for the summer months. Spring and fall, trout (browns and splake) come close enough to shore to target. But summer is tough as they head out deeper.

Bayfield doeshave a fishing pier near the Coast Guard Station (end of S 1st Street) and in the East Dock Park. Its on the rip rap shoreline. You could cast here with spoons and such and try to see if you land some sort of trout. But, for the Bayfield area, if you wanted to fish perch and get access to one of the local marinas, that is about your best bet for "action".

Down in Ashland you can fish the hot pond area (near the Power Plant) and probably could catch a few smallmouths and or a walleye. Thats if you wanted to drive a half hour south.

Thanks Jim, I checked it out when I was up there and the pier fishing did not look to good . But I will be back to fish in the near future from a boat. I saw lots of smaller watercraft being used when I was up there. Very nice area and the potential looks good. How is the fall walleye bite? Thanks Saffer

Dock(pier) fishing is limited, but in the fall - especially in October things really pick up. Shore fishing with waders can be good and casting from marina's breakwalls can be excellent. It all involves timing though. spoons, minnow baits, and fresh spawn will all work. It really is a boom or bust fishery- I know from experience.