• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I must confess

OH MY GOD I miss hearing that. I love talking to cousins up there. Since I didnt get to go on vacation there my friend here (from chicago) called me everyday and tried to talk with a MN accent. She was terrible but it was soooo funny.

We had 2 Swedish exchange students living with us and they just laughed because dose people her have a more pronounced Scandanavian accent then the Swedes do. smilesmile

When we visit my daughter, the Floridian just laugh at us, and we aren't anywhere near the Upnorters. grin

Quote:
Ya yoo betcha!

Ya go up nort den doncha know??

Too funny!!

I never really heard people talk like that til I moved up here. I was in line at the grocery store and heard a woman actually say "ya sure", I thought OMG I am in the movie Fargo. Lived in Duluth all my life til "99" and never heard anyone really talk like that.

I had a teacher in high school who was a huge linguistics buff and was intrigued with the northern MN accent especially the different dialect on the North Shore (I grew up in 2 Harbors). He said that it was very Scandinavian. grin I just love it!

He could also tell I had speech therapy because of my "artificial S". He was right. Until 3rd grade, I would say my name was Litha. And I lived in Two Harborth. blushsmile

DeeDee go red! I could use a little of your curls girl. I have to have my straight coarse hair chemically altered to get some curl into it. As far as color goes, when I was younger I had a color of the week! Grew up very blonde, and it all changed when I got to 20. Hair started turning dark yuk! So I bleached it, dyed it, until I abused it so bad it started falling out. That ended that.

Hey Barb I know that feeling. Ive tried most colors but no interest in blonde (sorry Lisa)really like the dark red that kinda looks very purple for the first couple days then turn to a nice red.

As for the accents. I'm sorry but all of ya sound/talk the same way, you cant hide it. You just dont notice it.

"All ya all Honey"????? grinlaughgrinlaugh

Yes I do say ya'll. Thar mite be a little drawl to me. But just a little grin

Havent eaten a reindeer or whatever else your talking about, but I do like squid, oyster, clams, and gator tail