• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I was out trolling on Friday 8/1/08 on a tip from a friend that there was walleye and bass to be had. I tried trolling depths 15-20' over weeds with Rapala Tail Dancers. I've never trolled out there before so I'm a nubie. I found some weeds, but they were scarce. We had no hits at all. Fished until 8:30 - probably should have stayed longer. There were some other boats in the area. Some were trolling the channel in deeper water, others were nearer to shore - I think going for bass.

I've had some nice success with the Taildancers on inland lakes (BWCAW). They are great for hitting a specific depth. I haven't had a chance to try them too much on the big lake.

What kind of speed are you trolling at Jim, during this time of year for walleye's?

Dave

Somedays, usually after fronts and such, I am down at the 1.8 range with cranks (Today for example). But during stable weather I am cranking anywhere from 2.0 to 3.0. But, the sweet spot usually is 2.0 to 2.2 for me.